Curating for Blackness
- Aesthetics Appropriate to Conditions: A Collaboration between Digital Cinematography and Theories of Black Filmmaking– A collaborative project created by Prof. Aggie Ebrahimi Bazaz and Dr. Alessandra Raengo that merges film theory and practice to explore the relationship between politics, ethics, and aesthetics.
- AMPLIFY– A showcase and reflective discussion of Georgia State University School of Film, Media, and Theater students’ creative videos and writings focused on fostering a critical dialogue about moving images as a tool for advocacy, protest, reflection, healing, and community-building.
- Kahlil Joseph’s Fly Paper by Alessandra Raengo
- Tender R/age::Rabia Tierna by Laurel Ahnert
- Arthur Jafa’s Air Above Mountains, Unknown Pleasures at Gavin Brown’s Enterprise by Lauren McLeod Cramer
- Jenny Gunn’s Letter to the Editor: Re: “The Profound Power of The New Solange Videos,” By Cassie Da Costa, New Yorker, October 24, 2016.